Welcome to the YETC!
YETC Business Hours
Fall Semester 2014 (August 25, 2014 - December 12, 2014)
|Day of the Week||Opening Time||Closing Time|
|Monday||8:00 AM||8:00 PM|
|Tuesday||8:00 AM||10:00 PM|
|Wednesday||8:00 AM||10:00 PM|
|Thursday||8:00 AM||10:00 PM|
|Friday||8:00 AM||8:00 PM|
|Saturday||10:00 AM||4:00 PM|
|Closed on Sundays and holiday weekends||Closed||Closed|
We're pleased that you've chosen to participate with us at Utah State University. If you're new here, the following links may be helpful to you.
The Teacher Education Writing Examination
Taking and passing the Teacher Education Writing Exam is required for admission to the Teacher Education Program at Utah State University. The exam is given during the first five weeks of Fall and Spring Semesters (Summer Semesters may vary.) It is administered in the YETC (see address and phone information for the YETC at the top of this page) and at selected extension sites throughout Utah. Students may attempt writing exam only ONCE per semester.
You can take the writing examination during YETC business hours. You do not need to make an appointment. You have one hour to take the examination, so be sure to arrive at the YETC at least an hour and a half before closing. You will need to present a picture identification, such as your activity card or driver's license.
The next opportunity to take the writing examination will occur August 25, 2014 - September 27, 2014.
For more information, please see the writing examination guidelines.
The YETC spent time to gather free resources from the internet - things you can freely download on your own if you wanted to take time to hunt them all down. However, we've done most of the work for you! We have collected free software for Windows and Macintosh PCs, classic books in PDF format, music teacher resources, children's stories, audiobooks, educational podcasts, NASA educational resources and videos, free fonts, desktop wallpapers, and a collection of educationa videos just for Utah educators!
How can you access these? Come to the YETC. You'll need your USU activity card. You may then copy the files you want from our hard drives to your laptop, to your own flash drive, to your own portable hard drive, or online storage. Or you can purchase blank DVDs at the front desk (Aggie Express only) for 35¢ each, and save the files to DVDs. When finished, just return the drive to the front desk and pick up your activity card.
Also, Nathan has put together a couple of websites recently - Phenomenal Websites, Open Education Resources (OER) Free Educational Resources Online, and Gifted and Talented education resources. Have a look! They both link to many of the web's best resources.
Also, we are publishing a monthly newsletter, TeacherLINK TechBytes, that contains resources, tutorials, and more!
Have a look at these recent educational resources on TeacherLINK's blog!
Please note that free apps usually will not remain free for long. If you find they are now paid apps - they were free when I last checked them. Please check the TeacherLINK blog for the newest posts.
- Free Course: Introduction to Psychology (Yale Univ...
- Free Course - Earth: Science in Action
- 52 Tips and Tricks for Google Docs in the Classroo...
- Free iOS App Today: Math is Easy - Prime Factoriza...
- Free iOS App Today: Grammar Wonderland (Elementary...
- Free iOS App Today: Whiteboard for iPhone
- Free iOS App Today: Giggle Ghosts (Preschool Coun...
- Free iOS App Today: K-3 Sight Words
- Free iOS App Today: Grammar Wonderland (Primary) ...
- Free iOS App Today: ELL Teacher GPS (McGraw-Hill)
- Free iOS App Today: Marine Missions (National Geog...
- Free iOS App Today: 123D Design for Education (Aut...
- Free iOS App Today: Handy Timetable
- Free iOS App: Remind: Safe Classroom Communication...
- Free iOS App Today: Math and Physics Scientific Ca...
- Free iOS App Today: Guitar chords - eHands-Virtual...
- Free iOS App Today: Beats Metronome
- Free iOS App Today: Cloud Audio Recorder - US (Yam...
- Free iOS App Today: Junglator (Music-Jungle Drum'...
- Free iOS App Today: AccuTune - Guitar Tuner
- Free iOS App Today: Dream-X (Mindmap App)
- Free iOS App Today: 100 Cameras in 1
- Top 10 Facebook Pages for Educators
- Send Your Name to the Asteroid Bennu!
- Earth Science Week 2014 Contests
- Celebrate World Space Week 2014
- MAVEN Workshop — Red Planet: Read, Write, Explore!...
- 2015 ICESat-2 Mission Hexacopter Engineering Chall...
- REGISTRATION OPEN: Zero Robotics High School Tourn...
- Louisiana Tech University Online Course — Steps to...
- Free Education Webinar Series From NASA Educator P...
- Productivity tutorial: Using LittleBit to photogra...
Search the Internet
How do I...? Training helps and how-to's on TeacherLINK!
Creating a Movie, PowerPoint presentation with video or audio, or a Podcast? We have helpful tutorials that will guide you along for YETC applications such as iMovie, iDVD, Sony Movie Studio +DVD, and more! Access them on TeacherLINK or on the IT Services Tutorials Page.
Education & Technology Resources
Just for Kids
Looking for Software Downloads?
YETC Contact Information
The Adele & Dale Young Education Technology Center
2845 Old Main Hill - 170 Education Building
Utah State University, Logan, UT 84322-2845
Nathan Smith, Director