A Pocket Full of Seeds, Marilyn
The Americans: A history, McDougal, Littell & Co
World War II, SRA-Social Studies
Silver Burdett Ginn, 3rd Edition-Grade 5
History of World War II; Foster, Sorenson, Sweat,
I. Vocabulary Words:
Curfew-A fixed time at night when a person has to
be indoors or home.
Ration-Limit the amount each person can get
Allied-Countries who fought on the same side during the war.
Resistance-A force that opposes or works against the notion of
Axis-Italy, Germany & Japan
Dictator-All Powerful Ruler
Hitler-A leader in World War II
II. Statements for Activity:
- We attacked Poland on September 1,
- We were on the Axis side
- We signed a nonaggression pact with
- Italy and Japan were on our side
- We were blamed for World War I and
- We didn't have enough money to pay for damages
which we caused in World War I.
- We were ruled by a dictator.
- We violated the Treaty of
- We took away the Jews political
- Polish people became slave laborers in our
- We sent people to special prisons called
- Our political party was called the
- Some of the people had to obey a
- We joined the Allied nations in the
- We were a neutral country when the war first
- We accepted 60,000 Jewish
- We began a two-ocean navy.
- We formed a "safety belt" in the Pacific
- Albert Einstein became a citizen in our
country during WWII
- Our country had to be on rations
- Our leader asked for the passage of four
- We were suffering from wide unemployment
- We didn't want to take in additional people
because it could take away jobs from the people in our