The Planets and Moons of Our Solar System
This activity can be used in
conjunction with the StarChild Solar System Level 1 information.
This activity can engage your students not only in learning about the solar system, but in practicing important language
arts skills. Besides being a good skill builder for learners with limited reading skills, the students will also
practice their understanding of concepts and words such as first, second, third, etc.;
closest, farthest; more than, less than. Basic math skills such as counting and ordering are also involved.
- This planet has one more moon than Earth. The planet is called ________________. It has ________moons.
- This planet has the most moons. The planet is called ____________________. It has ______ moons.
- This planet is closest to the Sun. The planet is called _________________. It has _________ moons.
- This planet has the second most moons. The planet is called ______________. It has _________ moons.
- This planet is third from the Sun. The planet is called _______________. It has _________moon.
- This planet is the farthest planet from the Sun. The planet is called _____________. It has ___________ moons.
- This planet has the same number of moons as Mercury has. The planet is called _____________. It has ____________moons.
- This is the closest to Neptune. The planet is called __________________. It has ___________ moons.
For both of the sheets below, change your Page Setup to be "Landscape" before printing.
DVD Table of Contents