STAR LIFE - LEVEL 1
In the list below you will find the steps in the life cycle of a massive
star. The steps are not in order. Carefully cut each step out with
scissors. Using the information you have learned about massive stars,
place the strips in the order which they occur in a star's life
- A supernova occurs.
- Nuclear fusion occurs which causes the star to glow.
- If it is a massive star, a neutron star forms. If it is a super
massive star, a black hole forms.
- Gravity pulls hydrogen gas together to form a cloud.
- Iron, which acts as an energy sponge, forms within the star.
- A red giant forms when the star's hydrogen level drops.
- A main sequence star, which can live for millions or even billions
of years, forms.
Download a pdf version.