Instructions for Installing Hera Software on a PC
- Please visit the Imagine the Universe! site online at http://imagine.gsfc.nasa.gov/docs/teachers/hera/install/hera_pc.html to get the most recent version.
- After you've downloaded the file, click on it to launch
InstallShield. This will guide you through the installation process.
- When the download is complete, click on the icon, or on "run" to run the installation wizard. The installation wizard will guide you through the installation on your local computer.
- Next you will need to create a Student Hera shortcut on your desktop.
- Locate the "fv" icon on the desktop.
- Right click and select "copy".
- Point the cursor anywhere on the desktop that does not have an icon and right click the mouse button again and select "paste".
- Right click the newly created icon "fv" and select "Property"->"Shortcut" and enter
" -student" (that's a space and then -student) after "fv.exe" in Target entry.
- Click on "Okay"
- Rename this icon to "Hera" so you know that this is the icon for Student Hera.