Conclusions and Questions
- Read the article called Radioactive Decay in Supernova Remnants at:
OR Download the PDF file from the PDF Files menu and print out.
- After reading, complete the questions below.
- The Compton Gamma Ray Observatory (CGRO) had a tool on board called COMPTEL. What was this tool able to detect and why was this a helpful feature?
- Describe the clue that helped scientists to realize that there must be another SNR in the image.
- Why do astronomers think that there is not historical record of this supernova?
- In conclusion, describe why you feel it is important to analyze data images in a range of energy levels.