- Organizations that support afterschool programs:
- National AfterSchool Association (http://www.naaweb.org/)
- Afterschool Alliance (http://www.afterschoolalliance.org//)
- Coalition for Science After School (http://www.ScienceAfterSchool.org)
- Informal education at NASA (http://education.nasa.gov/divisions/informal/overview/index.html)
- NASA Goddard Visitor's Center (http://www.nasa.gov/centers/goddard/visitor/home/index.html) in Greenbelt, MD offers exhibits, programs, and tours
- Many of the sessions in Afterschool Universe were adapted from sources developed for a classroom. We list the original sources below as they list the National Science Standards addressed.
- Learning resources (http://cfa-www.harvard.edu/seuforum/learningresources.htm) about the Universe for educators, scientists, and students. This site includes the "Modelling the Universe" and "Cosmic Survey" activities.
- Science First (http://www.sciencefirst.com/), where you can find the telescopes (and associated lesson plans) built by students in Session 3.
- Soda can core contraction demonstration (http://chandra.harvard.edu/edu/formal/demos/contraction.html) from the X-ray Chandra Observatory
- Original version of the ball drop activity (http://chandra.harvard.edu/edu/formal/demos/ejection.html) for supernova explosions from the Chandra X-ray Observatory
- "Make your own Milky Way Model (http://www.naoj.org/staff/kumiko/MilkyWay/milkyway.html)" activity from the Subaru telescope
- Original version of the aluminum foil and balloon black hole activity (http://imagine.gsfc.nasa.gov/docs/teachers/blackholes/imagine/page12.html#al) from Imagine the Universe!
- "High Energy Groove Cosmic Quilt (http://heasarc.gsfc.nasa.gov/docs/xte/outreach/HEG/cq/cosmic_quilt.html)" activity from the Rossi X-ray Timing Explorer
- Other educational resources and programs associated with the Astrophysics Science Division at NASA Goddard
- Astrophysics Science Division EPO (http://astrophysics.gsfc.nasa.gov/outreach/)
- Big Explosions and Strong Gravity (http://bigexplosions.gsfc.nasa.gov)
- Family Science Night (http://sdo.gsfc.nasa.gov/epo/families/fsn.php)